- Height: 120m
- Pitches: 5
- Ascents: 17
- 25m (18) First pitch of Whymper. Head diagonally rightwards past U bolts through roof and around arête, up corner to ledge and 2 U belay on right.
- 26m (18) Plumb-line up black wall on ring-bolts to DBB.
- 21m (18) Up and left under roof on orange rock (clip 60cm runner on third bolt to minimize rope drag). Bridge up into corner of roof and traverse right through lip and onto wall above and DBB.
- 23m (20) Trend slightly right past interesting features and small overlap, to good holds and stance under roof. Strenuous moves left onto black wall above and up past flake (caution!) to DBB.
- 25m (17) Fun juggy climbing through steps, to corner with short pocketed wall on left. Bridge up then step right onto final short wall and up toward tree. A final U-bolt is hidden just below cliff edge, as a directional. Recommend sling belay from tree 5m further up slope, and extend yourself back to edge with the rope (take extreme care with loose rocks!).
Walk off – from tree, up and left a few metres, then scramble right up boulder onto rock platform. Obvious track up and right to main track (<1 min). Turn right to lookout and carpark (<5 mins).
- Ethic: inherited from West Face (Main Area)
Sublime Point is an old climbing area, with many routes dating from the 1950s and 1960s. Aid and mixed climbing was the fashion then, and the easier routes can be pretty bold for a modern climber. In the last 10 years there has been a lot of well protected sport routes added. This has been seen as controversial by some climbers who consider the crag a 'mixed' climbign venue.
First Ascent: Tom & Hannah Hepner, 2010
Located in Middle Cliffs approx:
Some content has been provided under license from: © Australian Climbing Association Queensland (Creative Commons, Attribution, Share-Alike 2.5 AU)
Route Grade Citations
|20||Community registered grade|
|20 *||ACA Route Register|
Overall quality score: 63%
Learn about creating circuits.