Main Walls Mostly trad climbing86 routes in sector
First time here?
theCrag.com is a free guide for rock climbing areas all over the world, collaboratively edited by keen rock climbers, boulderers and other nice folks.
You can log all your routes, connect and chat with other climbers and much more...
Get directions to here using Google Maps
*Warning - The tracks marked in the ACT guide have changed following the bushfires.
From the top campsite, follow the track left (west). The track splits on a few occasions but trend right, keeping the high point on your right and follow the track down a wide gully with obvious water washouts. Chossy boulders will be close on your right. The track will wrap back around the cliff line with 'Integral Crack' giving it away that you're on the right path.
If you don't want to walk off, there are rap stations at the top of the following climbs:
- Dangermouse - 35m to ground, or 25m to ledge then scramble off in the direction of the approach track. Serves Marmalade through to 'No Beans for Bonzo'
- Equanimity - 45m.
- African Walking Tree - 30m. Serves Roy's Crack through to In Daze of Old
- Modern Times - 30m. Serves Square Gully through to Animal Magnetism
- Jack's Crack - 30m. Serves Jack's Crack through to 'Lazaro's Staircase', with a short down-scramble
- Cold Cuts - 15m. Serves several short climbs in the vicinity.
- Vomit - 30m. Serves Gutz through to 'Feats Don't Fail Me Now'.
Ethic inherited from Booroomba Rocks
The ethic at Booroomba is generally staunchly traditional. Most climbing goes either entirely on gear or gear with bolts for those walls where there is insufficient gear to protect climbs. Climbs are occasionally rebolted, but retro-bolting would be considered vandalism of the lowest order.