- Height: 17m
- Ascents: 44
Wet in rain
A different start to 'Pterodactyl', starting 1m R.
Only minimally different to the standard 'Pterodactyl' and traverses L to join the usual route at halfway.
"I only got interested in leading the FFA of this route because it makes me the only person I know who can claim to have freed a Hot Henry Barber top-rope problem!" (Mick Woodrow)
- Ethic: inherited from Kangaroo Point
Climbing at 'KP' has a long, rich history and the cliffs are used by a huge number of climbers of very varied styles and abilities. For these reasons ethics here are complicated. However here are some undisputed points:
- Avoid lowering off directly through the anchors. All lowering off and top roping should be through quickdraws attached to the anchors. If you are last then rethread and rap off to avoid wearing the anchors.
- Don't ever chip holds.
- Don't paint on any new initials.
- Retrobolting is acceptable only after consensus is reached with a large cross section of the 'KP' climbing community. New bolts that don't meet this criteria are chopped, often within a few days.
First Ascent: 'Hot' Henry Barber, 1975
First Free Ascent: Michael Woodrow & Darren Holloway, 1985
- Long/Lat: 153.033453,-27.480009
Route Grade Citations
|20R||Community registered grade|
|20||Kangaroo Point Climbing Guide|
|20 R||ACA Route Register|
Overall quality score: 36%
Learn about creating circuits.
Check out what is happening on Heap of Shit (note there is an unresolved system issue where ascents logged before 2010 are not displayed in the stream below). If you just want to see beta then click on view ascents with beta.