- Height: 17m
- Bolts: 5
- Ascents: 686
Wet in rain
Start at big "PT" mark.
Nice climbing up past 5 RBs then run it out a bit up easy slab to anchors. There's a ground anchor at the base for lead rope soloing.
Crux undercling came off winter 2015. The change is pretty minimal but it's probably a bit harder now. Might need upgrading to 19??
- Ethic: inherited from Kangaroo Point
Climbing at 'KP' has a long, rich history and the cliffs are used by a huge number of climbers of very varied styles and abilities. For these reasons ethics here are complicated. However here are some undisputed points:
- Avoid lowering off directly through the anchors. All lowering off and top roping should be through quickdraws attached to the anchors. If you are last then rethread and rap off to avoid wearing the anchors.
- Don't ever chip holds.
- Don't paint on any new initials.
- Retrobolting is acceptable only after consensus is reached with a large cross section of the 'KP' climbing community. New bolts that don't meet this criteria are chopped, often within a few days.
First Ascent: Ted Cais & David Reeve, 1969
First Free Ascent: Mick Woodrow & Darren Holloway, 1985
- Lat/Long: -27.480009,153.033453
Some content has been provided under license from: © Australian Climbing Association Queensland (Creative Commons, Attribution, Share-Alike 2.5 AU)
Route Grade Citations
|18||Community registered grade|
|18(S)||Kangaroo Point Climbing Guide|
|18 *||ACA Route Register|
Overall quality score: 54%
Learn about creating circuits.
Check out what is happening on Pterodactyl (note there is an unresolved system issue where ascents logged before 2010 are not displayed in the stream below). If you just want to see beta then click on view ascents with beta.