- Height: 16m
- Bolts: 4
- Ascents: 7
Wet in rain
Start 2m left of Rear Entry. Up thin face passing two BR's to a good hold. Up and left (BR) on small holds (crux) to big hold and BR. Over small roof to chain. Short climb but a long name!
- Access Issues: inherited from Kangaroo Point
The cliffs are part of the Brisbane City Council River Terrace Park. While the BCC is generally supportive of climbing, issues regarding access and facilities are ongoing. The Australian Climbing Association (Qld) is the official voice of the climbing community in Queensland and works hard to improve the situation for all climbers. Please consider joining.
- Ethic: inherited from Kangaroo Point
Climbing at 'KP' has a long, rich history and the cliffs are used by a huge number of climbers of very varied styles and abilities. For these reasons ethics here are complicated. However here are some undisputed points:
- Avoid lowering off directly through the anchors. All lowering off and top roping should be through quickdraws attached to the anchors. If you are last then rethread and rap off to avoid wearing the anchors.
- Don't ever chip holds.
- Don't paint on any new initials.
- Retrobolting is acceptable only after consensus is reached with a large cross section of the 'KP' climbing community. New bolts that don't meet this criteria are chopped, often within a few days.
First Ascent: Edwardo Irvine & Darren Holloway, 1988
Located in KP North approx:
Route Grade Citations
|24||Community registered grade|
|24 **||ACA Route Register|
|24(S)||Kangaroo Point Climbing Guide|
Overall quality score: 33%
Learn about creating circuits.
Check out what is happening on Ode to the Lesser Breasted Droopy Nippled Screeching Wood Duck (note there is an unresolved system issue where ascents logged before 2010 are not displayed in the stream below). If you just want to see beta then click on view ascents with beta.