- Height: 15m
- Ascents: 4
- Description:© (gremlin)
Wet in rain
Simon and Neil intially adjusted about two tonnes of loose rock off this route before roping up for the first ascent. It was top-roped originally at grade 17, ignored for many years (for good reasons) then Neil came back and aided and drilled his way up for practice one afternoon. The remaining hangerless bolts are questionable!
Start at initials 'IA' left of OLBDNSWD. Locate thin crack. Aid up this on small to medium wires to below vegetated ledge. Matnel this (BR) to rest. Up right past aid bolt to another mantle onto a small ledge below smooth headwall and BR. Aid up the wall past three more aid bolts then traverse directly left to 'ST's chain. Rap off. Warning - bolts may be very weak by now.
- Access Issues: inherited from Kangaroo Point
The cliffs are part of the Brisbane City Council River Terrace Park. While the BCC is generally supportive of climbing, issues regarding access and facilities are ongoing. The Australian Climbing Association (Qld) is the official voice of the climbing community in Queensland and works hard to improve the situation for all climbers. Please consider joining.
- Ethic: inherited from Kangaroo Point
Climbing at 'KP' has a long, rich history and the cliffs are used by a huge number of climbers of very varied styles and abilities. For these reasons ethics here are complicated. However here are some undisputed points:
- Avoid lowering off directly through the anchors. All lowering off and top roping should be through quickdraws attached to the anchors. If you are last then rethread and rap off to avoid wearing the anchors.
- Don't ever chip holds.
- Don't paint on any new initials.
- Retrobolting is acceptable only after consensus is reached with a large cross section of the 'KP' climbing community. New bolts that don't meet this criteria are chopped, often within a few days.
First Ascent: Neil Monteith (FTRA - Neil Monteith, 1993
Located in KP North approx:
Some content has been provided under license from: © Australian Climbing Association Queensland (Creative Commons, Attribution, Share-Alike 2.5 AU)
Route Grade Citations
|14 AID:A2 R||Community registered grade|
|14A2||Kangaroo Point Climbing Guide|
|14 M2 R||ACA Route Register|
Learn about creating circuits.
Check out what is happening on Initial Adustment (note there is an unresolved system issue where ascents logged before 2010 are not displayed in the stream below). If you just want to see beta then click on view ascents with beta.