- Height: 18m
- Bolts: 3
- Ascents: 55
- Aka: Radioactive Cheerio D
Wet in rain
Start as for original 'Radioactive Cheerio'.
Instead of traversing R at 2nd bolt, climb straight up the headwall past a FH. Continue up cracked pillar with natural pro to top.
- Ethic: inherited from Kangaroo Point
Climbing at 'KP' has a long, rich history and the cliffs are used by a huge number of climbers of very varied styles and abilities. For these reasons ethics here are complicated. However here are some undisputed points:
- Avoid lowering off directly through the anchors. All lowering off and top roping should be through quickdraws attached to the anchors. If you are last then rethread and rap off to avoid wearing the anchors.
- Don't ever chip holds.
- Don't paint on any new initials.
- Retrobolting is acceptable only after consensus is reached with a large cross section of the 'KP' climbing community. New bolts that don't meet this criteria are chopped, often within a few days.
First Free Ascent: Darrin Carter & Dave Whitworth, 1995
Located in Left Main Wall approx:
Route Grade Citations
|17 R||Community registered grade|
|17 R *||ACA Route Register|
|17||Kangaroo Point Climbing Guide|
Overall quality score: 58%
Learn about creating circuits.
Check out what is happening on Radioactive Cheerio (Direct) (note there is an unresolved system issue where ascents logged before 2010 are not displayed in the stream below). If you just want to see beta then click on view ascents with beta.