Being relatively far from the other climbs at Forum and hosting a physical scramble up to the uncleaned base of the climb, La Malanga, perhaps unsurprisingly, rarely sees action. If you do venture north to where the rivers meet and feel like giving it a shot, expect a decent mix of hold and crack climbing. A word of warning, the wall that La Malanga calls home can be a tad chossy; helmets are always a good idea.
- Ethic: inherited from Forum
- Respect the land owners.
- They are kind enough to let you use their property for your enjoyment.
- Respect other climbers.
- Climbing is a community sport where the only opponent is the cruel crux that sends you airborne.
- Respect the environment.
- Above all, respect the environment. The plants, the earth and the rock itself were here long before you came into existence and will continue to exist long after you are gone. Sustain its survival by treating it properly.
Pick up trash, even if it is not your own. Take at least one piece out on every trip.
Do not kill flora or fauna, no matter how small or large.
Live and climb as though you are organic with your environment.
- There is no known route history.
Located in Forum approx:
Route Grade Citations
|5.11a||Community registered grade|
Learn about creating circuits.
Check out what is happening on La Malanga (note there is an unresolved system issue where ascents logged before 2010 are not displayed in the stream below). If you just want to see beta then click on view ascents with beta.