Etzelwanger Wand Mostly Sport climbing20 routes in crag
First time here?theCrag.com is a free guide for rock climbing areas all over the world, collaboratively edited by keen rock climbers, boulderers and other nice folks.You can log all your routes, connect and chat with other climbers and much more...» go exploring, » learn more or » ask us a question
Get directions to here using Google Maps.
Sunny in the the afternoon.
Access issues inherited from Nördliche Fränkische Alb
Seasonal closures for protected birds: http://www.ig-klettern.com/natur/sperrungen.php
- Zone 1: NO climbing
- Zone 2: climbing on existing routes
- Zone 3: new route possible
Please respect signs and zoning list
Parking in village Etzelwang in main street at schwimming pool. Walk on main street in direction north-west. After 280 meter (before a small bridge) go right on forest street. Few meters after a gate follow a track on right side.
Where to stay
Camping in Etzelwang
Ethic inherited from Nördliche Fränkische Alb
- The limestone is soft - please clean your shoes from dirt in order to avoid polished handholds and steps.
- Don't toprope directly through bolt - use your own carabiner.
- Clean chalk and tickmarks with a brush.
- Don't leave toilet paper
- Pick up rubbish
- No noise
- No camp fire and bivvy
- Park considerately (tractor should be able to pass also at weekend)
- Smoking in the forests is forbidden from 1. march til 31. october by law.
- No publishing of boulder blocks http://felsinfo.alpenverein.de/images/felsfotos/22/boulderappell_nfj.pdf
Check out what is happening in Etzelwanger Wand.