Pottensteiner Wand Rock climbing8 routes in crag
Did you know?
Did you know that you can create an account to record, track and share your climbing ascents? Thousands of climbers are already doing this.
Get directions to here using Google Maps
a 40m North face in the middle of a village will distinguish this from most crags we came across so far.
Grades range from 6+ to 9 and almost all the climbs deserve stars. a lot of the climbs are by Stefan Löw.
The crag is not on but above private property. the owners are afraid of rocks hitting, so be really careful and watch loose rock!
Drive into Pottenstein, and Park reasonable in town, the crag is hard to miss.GPS: 11.41383, 49.77079
Ethic inherited from Nördliche Fränkische Alb
- The limestone is soft - please clean your shoes from dirt in order to avoid polished handholds and steps.
- Don't toprope directly through bolt - use your own carabiner.
- Clean chalk and tickmarks with a brush.
- Don't leave toilet paper
- Pick up rubbish
- No noise
- No camp fire and bivvy
- Park considerately (tractor should be able to pass also at weekend)
- Smoking in the forests is forbidden from 1. march til 31. october by law.
- No publishing of boulder blocks http://felsinfo.alpenverein.de/images/felsfotos/22/boulderappell_nfj.pdf
There are no open trips for this crag
Learn about trips.