Pottensteiner Wand Rock climbing8 routes in crag
First time here?theCrag.com is a free guide for rock climbing areas all over the world, collaboratively edited by keen rock climbers, boulderers and other nice folks.You can log all your routes, connect and chat with other climbers and much more...» go exploring, » learn more or » ask us a question
Get directions to here using Google Maps.
Grades range from 6+ to 9 and almost all the climbs deserve stars. a lot of the climbs are by Stefan Löw.
The crag is not on but above private property. the owners are afraid of rocks hitting, so be really careful and watch loose rock!
Drive into Pottenstein, and Park reasonable in town, the crag is hard to miss.GPS: 11.41383, 49.77079
Ethic inherited from Nördliche Fränkische Alb
- The limestone is soft - please clean your shoes from dirt in order to avoid polished handholds and steps.
- Don't toprope directly through bolt - use your own carabiner.
- Clean chalk and tickmarks with a brush.
- Don't leave toilet paper
- Pick up rubbish
- No noise
- No camp fire and bivvy
- Park considerately (tractor should be able to pass also at weekend)
- Smoking in the forests is forbidden from 1. march til 31. october by law.
- No publishing of boulder blocks http://felsinfo.alpenverein.de/images/felsfotos/22/boulderappell_nfj.pdf
Check out what is happening in Pottensteiner Wand.