Räuberburg Mostly sport climbing16 routes in crag
First time here?
theCrag.com is a free guide for rock climbing areas all over the world, collaboratively edited by keen rock climbers, boulderers and other nice folks.
You can log all your routes, connect and chat with other climbers and much more...
Get directions to here using Google Maps
nicely set in the forest with a nearby campsite.
please dont park inside the village.
between Behringersmühle and Engelhardsberg, Drive from Behringersm. towards Wascheinfeld.after 800m is a turn off to the left towards Engelhardsberg. up this for about 1km, then right towards Moritz. park before the village on the right. you can see Moritzer Turm already. Walk into the village and take the road to the right. after the last property you can walk up along the fence and past the shed to the forest edge. slip through the bushes and you are at the Turm. now walk right following the track uphill and through some small walls to the south side, then further up left to the crag OPTION 2: with a pram you are probably better of finding your way through the tiny village until you are in front of the Gasthaus, here follow the path to the right of the shed past some caravans into the forest and you will see the crag on your right in 2min. please dont park inside the village.
Ethic inherited from Nördliche Fränkische Alb
- The limestone is soft - please clean your shoes from dirt in order to avoid polished handholds and steps.
- Don't toprope directly through bolt - use your own carabiner.
- Clean chalk and tickmarks with a brush.
- Don't leave toilet paper
- Pick up rubbish
- No noise
- No camp fire and bivvy
- Park considerately (tractor should be able to pass also at weekend)
- Smoking in the forests is forbidden from 1. march til 31. october by law.
- No publishing of boulder blocks http://felsinfo.alpenverein.de/images/felsfotos/22/boulderappell_nfj.pdf
Check out what is happening in Räuberburg.