Steinberg Mostly Sport climbing111 routes in crag
Did you know?
Did you know that you can create an account to record, track and share your climbing ascents? Thousands of climbers are already doing this.
Get directions to here using Google Maps.
The Steinberg is a hill east of the village Königstein featuring numerous smaller crags with routes in all grades.
It is basically possible to climb here all year: the south facing sectors, especially "Südseite", are viable in Winter. The sectors around "Schluchtwände" are great from spring until autumn, and for the hot days, just walk around to the crags facing north.
Access issues inherited from Frankenjura Nord
- Zone 1: NO climbing
- Zone 2: climbing on existing routes
- Zone 3: new route possible
Please respect signs and zoning list
Exit the village Königstein to the south towards Holnstein. After 500 meters, go left and up the hill to the small hamlet Breitenstein. There is a small parking lot on the left.
From the parking, walk north on a forestal road (passing the hamlet Breitenstein on the east) up to a point where it makes a 90 degrees right turn. Continue straight on a smaller path until you reach the forest. From here, the path diverges to reach the different sectors:
For the south facing sectors, follow the path slightly to the right. The north and west faces are reached by going straight and then left. See the descriptions of the respective sectors for details.
Ethic inherited from Frankenjura Nord
- The limestone is soft - please clean your shoes from dirt in order to avoid polished handholds and steps.
- Don't toprope directly through bolt - use your own carabiner.
- Clean chalk and tickmarks with a brush.
- Don't leave toilet paper
- Pick up rubbish
- No noise
- No camp fire and bivvy
- Park considerately (tractor should be able to pass also at weekend)
- Smoking in the forests is forbidden from 1. march til 31. october by law.
- No publishing of boulder blocks
Check out what is happening in Steinberg.