Trockauer Wand Mostly sport climbing33 routes in crag
Did you know?
Did you know that you can create an account to record, track and share your climbing ascents? Thousands of climbers are already doing this.
Get directions to here using Google Maps
Sensational climbing in a shady hole.
Access issues inherited from Nördliche Fränkische Alb
Seasonal closures for protected birds: http://www.ig-klettern.com/natur/sperrungen.php
- Zone 1: NO climbing
- Zone 2: climbing on existing routes
- Zone 3: new route possible, but first read http://www.ig-klettern.com/natur/neutourenappell.php
Please respect signs and zoning list (http://www.ig-klettern.com/natur/zonierung.php)
Where to stay
Ethic inherited from Nördliche Fränkische Alb
- The limestone is soft - please clean your shoes from dirt in order to avoid polished handholds and steps.
- Don't toprope directly through bolt - use your own carabiner.
- Clean chalk and tickmarks with a brush.
- Don't leave toilet paper
- Pick up rubbish
- No noise
- No camp fire and bivvy
- Park considerately (tractor should be able to pass also at weekend)
- Smoking in the forests is forbidden from 1. march til 31. october by law.
- No publishing of boulder blocks http://felsinfo.alpenverein.de/images/felsfotos/22/boulderappell_nfj.pdf
the dirty corner, exits to the right
if you find the start slippery then because it is. crawl in from the right and preclip if you don't want to solo the start.
why would anyone add a climb and bolt it like this? well....
save yourself the trip to fontainebleu and get on this beauty! it would get another star if it wasn't for the weird ledge you crawl in on.