Kleine Gans 349 routes in Area
- Avg. Height:
- Style: All Trad
- Ascents: 10
- Access Issues: inherited from Sächsische Schweiz
Most parts right of the Elbe are located within the Nationalpark Sächsische Schweiz with all the rules you'd expect associated with this, but climbing is generally allowed. Left of the Elbe, the area is mostly covered by a lesser degree protection area (Landschaftsschutzgebiet), also with a well marked network of hiking trails. Some few summits are located on private property, see the guidebook. During spring and early summer, selected summits may be closed because of nesting falcons or owls - check at http://dav-felsinfo.de .
- Ethic: inherited from Sächsische Schweiz
You want ethics? This is the home of ethics. Most of these are peculiar for outsiders, but have a long history. Although every few years eagerly debated, they are still valid and even legally binding by being referenced by the Nationalpark regulations. They can be summarized as:
- Climbing is only allowed on free standing rock towers. With only a handful of exceptions, all other rock walls are off limits
- No climbing on wet rock - for your safety and the soft rock's sake.
- No hardware protection (friends, rocks, pitons). The gaps between the sparse ring bolts may only be filled with slings (jammed knots, V-threads, lassoed chickenheads). A wooden or plastic "dagger" may be used for better placements.
- no chalk, no pof
- Sign the summit register.
- Jumping is an accepted way of reaching a summit. This can range from slightly more than a stepover to completely insane kamikaze operations. The respective grade system (1-easy to 4-hard) is currently extended to 6 or even 7.
- Boosting a climber ("unterstützt", i.e. supporting his progress by providing "human holds") is accepted or even necessary on some routes. "Ausgiebig unterstützt" goes as far as building multistory human ladders.
- Toproping is frowned upon. For first ascends only ground-up ascents are accepted; minimum bolt distance is enforced. Be sure to contact a local, as there may be restrictions on certain cliffs.
|1||Wassermann Cliff||All Trad||10||0|
|2||Bierturm Cliff||All Trad||11||0|
|3||Axelturm Cliff||All Trad||8||0|
|4||Kanzelscheibe Cliff||All Trad||5||0|
|5||Pavillonwächter Cliff||All Trad||10||1|
|6||Habicht Cliff||All Trad||7||0|
|7||Echse Cliff||All Trad||4||0|
|8||Statist Cliff||All Trad||12||1|
|9||Bergfreund Cliff||All Trad||8||0|
|10||Bergfreundeturm Cliff||All Trad||21||2|
|11||Schalk Cliff||All Trad||8||1|
|12||Wehlnadel Cliff||All Trad||5||0|
|13||Souffleur Cliff||All Trad||14||3|
|14||Gänseei Cliff||All Trad||4||0|
|15||Plattenstein Cliff||All Trad||30||0|
|16||Raaber Kegel Cliff||All Trad||5||0|
|17||Raaber Scheibe Cliff||All Trad||7||0|
|18||Kulisse Cliff||All Trad||7||0|
|19||Hinterer Gansfels Cliff||All Trad||33||1|
|20||Raaber Wand Cliff||All Trad||11||0|
|21||Scheich Cliff||All Trad||4||0|
|22||Raaber Nadel Cliff||All Trad||8||0|
|23||Trockener Turm Cliff||All Trad||10||0|
|24||Gansturm Cliff||All Trad||8||0|
|25||Mittlerer Gansfels Cliff||All Trad||7||0|
|26||Raaber Säule Cliff||All Trad||12||0|
|27||Suleika Cliff||All Trad||7||0|
|28||Emir Cliff||All Trad||9||0|
|29||Vorderer Gansfels Cliff||All Trad||25||0|
|30||Raaber Turm Cliff||All Trad||9||0|
|31||Ganskopf Cliff||All Trad||11||0|
|32||Gansriff Cliff||All Trad||11||1|
|33||Gansscheibe Cliff||All Trad||8||0|