North East All Sport climbing4 routes in cliff
Did you know?
Did you know that you can create an account to record, track and share your climbing ascents? Thousands of climbers are already doing this.
Get directions to here using Google Maps.
Downstream of the parking on the true right of the stream.
Access issues inherited from King's Kloof
On arrival at the security gate, state that you are going climbing. The guard will then ask you to fill in the register/indemnity and pay R30 per person. Otherwise please book in with Derek Schneider, the manager of the Rocky Valley camp (083 326 8618). He lives in the house on the left nearest the bridge.
For more information on routes, access and permits please see the following websites:
Mountain Club of South Africa (MCSA) http://www.mcsa.org.za/ Look at “Who we are” for the different sections of the MCSA
Mountain Club of South Africa – Johannesburg Section website https://mcsajohannesburg.org/ Click on “Access and Properties” for more information Click on “Contact” to get in touch with the MCSA for more information.
ClimbZA website http://www.climbing.co.za/wiki/South_African_Climbing_Wiki Welcome to the largest & most comprehensive online database of Southern African climbing information.
http://www.climbing.co.za/forum/ A forum site to find climbing partners or to find out more about different climbing areas and climbs.
Directly across the river from KK NW. Approach this buttress along the Rocky Valley path from the car park and cross the river via stepping stones among the eucalyptus.
Ethic inherited from King's Kloof
Access has been granted by the two religious organisations who own the land under the agreement that all the crag rules below are followed and that all new routes are given names with respectful christian connotations.
Job 1:21. The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Please heed the following:
- No alcohol
- Take home all litter and refuse (including fruit peels and cigarette butts)
- No destruction of vegetation
- No interference with any animals
- No soap or detergents or chemicals allowed in or near the river
- No loud music
- No graffiti or defacing of rocks
- Toilet activities must be more than 60m from streams with no trace visible afterwards. Carry out toilet paper. (Just use the bathrooms near the parking).
- Be polite an courteous to all staff and management.
- Only climbing allowed, no other activities permitted including fishing, quad bikes, motor bikes, hunting.
Check out what is happening in North East.