Jailhouse Rock All Sport climbing4 routes in crag
This crag does not have a description. Can you share a summary introduction to this crag?
If you can help provide a better quality resource for the climbing community then please click 'edit this crag' button near the top of the page.
Get directions to here using Google Maps.
Some of the best steep sport climbing in California.
- Jailhouse has been and remains privately owned.
- The owner has graciously allowed an access easement and conservation easement to let climbers get to and climb at the cliff. Current access is now via the new double gate and gravel road. In the future, a new route may be necessary due to future subdivisions.
For the current gate code and rules, visit http://www.accessfund.org/jailhouse.
Some critical conditions of the easement we need to comply with include:
- No dogs on the property
- Close all gates (typically there are over 200 head of horses on the property), particularly the gate to O'Byrnes Ferry Road
- No loud music
- No fires
- No camping at the cliff, trailhead, or anywhere in the vicinity
- Access allowed only from sun-up to one hour after sundown
- No littering
In addition, seasonal raptor closures on a portion of cliff line may be posted on the property and online if there is active raptor nesting.
Our ability to climb here is contingent on our compliance with the conditions of the easement.
Check out what is happening in Jailhouse Rock.