Site navigation

Discussion: Partner(s) Wanted August 12-27th Started by Steve.

• Public discussion South East
  • Started: 13 weeks ago on Mon 17th Jul 2017

This is a public discussion in South East.

Showing all 5 messages.

Steve started this discussion 13 weeks ago. #

Partner(s) Wanted August 12-27th

Looking for climbing partners in Queensland area from August 12-27th for sport or trad.

I have experience in sport, trad and multipitch climbing in the US & Mexico. I am a competent climber providing safe belays with some self self rescue knowledge and always looking to learn more. I am not looking to project any routes but just enjoy the area with climbs below 20. Areas of interest are climbing kangaroo point, glasshouse mountains. If you are a fellow traveler or local interested in meeting up, please send me a message.

Steve

replied 13 weeks ago. #

Hey Stephen. I may be up in Brisbane in August, I'll shoot you a note if so. I live down in Melbourne - just moved back to Aus from Texas - I see we've hit some of the same routes at Reimers. If you end up down this way, shoot me a note. Cheers, Jackson

Steve replied 13 weeks ago. #

Jackson, I actually just booked tickets to Melbourne last night to explore the southern part of the country. I'm planning on getting into melbourne on 8/17 and sticking around the area until 8/22. I was interested in checking out the grampians, arapiles or try a winter summit of Mt kosciuszko or ice climbing at blue lake with a guide (I don't have any experience leading on ice yet). Open to any of them but in all but the last two I need a climbing partner. If any of that sounds of interest let me know.

Queensland Climbers, I'm in brisbane now from August 12th-17th for work. I can climb that weekend and maybe Wednesday dependent on how testing goes Monday and Tuesday for anyone in the Brisbane area during that time period.

Steve replied 10 weeks ago. #

Anyone up for climbing at kangaroo point this weekend?

replied 10 weeks ago. #

Hey mate, I'm committed to running an RMIT club trip next weekend, so can't host you down here in VIC. I'd almost just say rock up at Arapiles and you'll find someone. The Melbourne rock climbing page is usually pretty good.

Already got an account? Login to add your comment

Showing all 5 messages.

Selected sponsors

Advertising