Site navigation

Discussion: Gangbang Wall Started by John Pownall.

• Public discussion Kangaroo Point
  • Started: 6 weeks ago on Tue 5th Sep 2017

This is a public discussion in Kangaroo Point.

Showing all 7 messages.

started this discussion 6 weeks ago. #

Gangbang Wall

Question: Which way do you do Gangbang Wall? There seems to be a disconnect between the Topo and the description... the Topo shows clipping the first 3 on Hanger Wall ArĂȘte, but the description says the first two... I'd be more inclined to think the first two on HWA, then over to the next FH which is just before the seam on the Gangbang line.

Rob Medlicott replied 6 weeks ago. #

From memory and looking at the topo, it is the first 2. But it has been many years since i last did it

replied 6 weeks ago. #

Hi John I did it both ways but it feels like the right way is the first 2 then straight up. It doesn't really seem to change the grade either way.

replied 6 weeks ago. #

I did it first two bolts of HWA then over right to the bolt on the slab, but the hand traverse R from the 3rd on HWA would be cool anyway.

replied 6 weeks ago. #

Ha ha yeah Dan! That's what I thought, hence the question; I was like "Hmm, both are actually nice lines, I wonder what the intended way was". But yeah, I'm doing it the same way as you at present.

Jake Forker replied 6 weeks ago. #

Yeah having tried it recently I can confirm its the first 2 bolts on HWA then to the clip before the crack/seam feature and up

replied 6 weeks ago. #

Thanks Jake. I was more meaning what was the intended route, but it sounds like we're all climbing first 2 on HWA then moving onto the GBW line which is good!

Already got an account? Login to add your comment

Showing all 7 messages.

Selected sponsors

Advertising