Site navigation

Discussion: Looking for partner any time between April 30 to June 4. Started by Cylvie.

This is a public discussion in New South Wales and ACT.

Showing all 8 messages.

Cylvie started this discussion 9 weeks ago.

Looking for partner any time between April 30 to June 4.

I'm a 43 year old female visiting from Canada. I am currently based in Cardiff, NSW. I am looking for partners to climb trad or sport in the Blue Mountains or to discover interesting local crags in my area. I do not have a car, but I live close to the train station. I didn't bring much gear or rope, or any camper cooking stuff, but I got a tent and a sleeping bag. I don't know much about the Australian grading system, but I can lead easy 5.10 and second up to hard 5.11. Experienced in multi-pitch. I was hoping to find local climbers to show me around a bit.

replied 9 weeks ago.

Try the various face book sites as well.

Cylvie replied 9 weeks ago.

Thank you Al. What are the popular ones people go to to find partners around here? Any suggestions?

replied 9 weeks ago.

Not sure of Newcastle but neighbouring is "Central Coast Climbers". Then "Rock Climbing in the Blue Mountains " "Sydney Rock climbers" "North shore Climbing " Most people stalk the pages you should pick up partners and info pretty quick.

Cylvie replied 9 weeks ago.

Thank you so much, Al. I will look it up. Very helpful.

Jason Smith replied 9 weeks ago.

Pulse Climbing at Adamstown and West Gosford are good places to meet local climbers. There's also a heap of reasonable climbing areas around Gosford once this heat dies down a bit.

Tim Mayer replied 8 weeks ago.

Hi Cylvie. Did you have any luck finding a partner? We climb around central coast, Hornsby area, and Blue Mountains depending on family events, weather and work commitments. We can probably squeeze you in if you can handle kids . We are just weekend warriors. Let me know if you want to join us, and we will see if we can help.

Cylvie replied 7 weeks ago.

Hello Tim. Sorry for the late response. I just returned to Newcastle from a camping trip. I did not find nor searched actively for a partner. I'd be keen on joining you guys for climbing next weekend or another weekend in May.

Showing all 8 messages.

Selected sponsors