This is a public discussion in Bardens Lookout .

Invite:

Showing all 6 messages

started this discussion 2 years ago

Historical Wells???

In 'Bardens Lookout' there are two areas 'The Land of The Giants' and 'Historical Wells'. We have had a request to change the name of 'The Land of The Giants' to 'Historical Wells', but this would make two places of the same name. Does anybody know what the naming of these places should be?

Rod Smith replied 2 years ago

Hi Simon, This link from the Rockies' online guidebook might help. http://routes.sydneyrockies.org.au/confluence/display/nswrock/Historic+Wells As I understand it "Land of the Giants" is a recent name given to an area of the crag that was previously known as Historic Wells. The current Historic Wells section on thecrag.com could be subsumed into Land of the Giants or Land of the Giants could be subsumed into Historic Wells. There appears to be a bit of controversy surrounding the whole issue. In the 1980s when the first routes were put up the area was known as Historic Wells, according to an authority in the issue that I know.

john smoothy replied 2 years ago

Hey Simon , "land of the giants " is a name Mitch Warren took upon himself to call "Historic Wells" as it had been known as for, on the ACA website,which doesn't seem to be effectively moderated.

Hey Simon , "land of the giants " is a name Mitch Warren took upon himself to call "Historic Wells" as it had been known as for many years, on the ACA website,which doesn't seem to be effectively moderated.

sorry pressed the send button twice!

replied 2 years ago

OK, thanks for that. I have renamed land of the giants to historic wells and moved what was called historic wells into the new historic wells under the name 'other routes'

thanks for your help

Already got an account? Login to add your comment

Showing all 6 messages

Sponsors