Discussion: Barrenjoey Southwest routes and structures started by Campbell Gome

• Public discussion Barrenjoey
  • Started: 2 years ago on Jun 22, 2012

This is a public discussion in Barrenjoey .

Invite:

Showing all 8 messages

started this discussion 2 years ago

Barrenjoey Southwest routes and structures

Hi all, I've just merged some duplicate routes that were in both 'Southwest Right' and 'Southwest Left' that Rod Y pointed out. Just wondering if there's a more logical way to order these areas eg either

1. Put them all 98 routes into one area called 'Southwest' (in which case we'll have to decide if they should be ordered Right to Left, or Left to Right).

2. Create a new area 'Southwest', with two sub-areas (Southwest Left and Southwest Right) underneath.

I'd probably favour the first one, but I don't know the crag so maybe there are good reasons for having the split?

Also, where should the routes 'Wrong line of learnings' and 'Mike's Cop-out' go? (they're in Southwest Left, but were among a heap of other routes that were duplicates of routes in Southwest Right)

Let me know what you think. Cheers, Campbell

Adrian Ridgley replied 2 years ago

The two sides are arbitrarily split. It is a continuous line of cliffs. The split occurs where the trail hits the cliff at Crack of Dawn. Everything to the right of Crack of Dawn was Southwest Right and everything to the left was Southwest Left. I'd suggest ordering right to left as most is to the left of the trail. Make a note that the trail hits the cliff at Crack of Dawn.

Enterprise is to the right of Crack of Dawn (should be in Southwest Right). It is currently dulpicated in Southwest Left.

The Description for Cranky says it's above Professor Wiginsworth's Chunder Bucket. That would put it in Southwest Right as well.

replied 2 years ago

OK, thanks. I've merged those other duplicate routes and put everything into 'Southwest'. I've added a note about the trail meeting the cliff at 'Crack of Dawn' in the Approach section and also in a note at the top of the route table and in between the listings for 'Crack of Dawn' and 'Arachibutyrophobia'.*

Still need to work out where 'Wrong line of learnings' and 'Mike's Cop-out' go in the order. (Mike's must be somewhere near 'Benign') judging from the description.

• The notes in the routes table use a new feature for splitting/annotating tables. You can just go > Action > Update > Create annotation.

Rod Smith replied 2 years ago

Wrong Line of Leanings is already listed in Southwest left. It is the 22 left of Long Line of Leanings. They share a ringbolt above the cave.

replied 2 years ago

Thanks Rod, don't know how I missed that. I think I've got 'Mike's Cop-out' into about the right spot based on the description.

Rod Smith replied 2 years ago

Yeah dunno about that one... Thanks for all the ongoing work, you and the team.

Already got an account? Login to add your comment

Showing all 8 messages

Sponsors