Discussion: Recent bolting - whodunnit? started by Ben Low

• Public discussion Mt Keira
  • Started: 2 years ago on Oct 15, 2012

This is a public discussion in Mt Keira .

Invite:

Showing all 18 messages

Ben Low started this discussion 2 years ago

Recent bolting - whodunnit?

Anyone know who did the recent (Sep '12) rebolting? I've a special request - love to chat! Rgds, Ben

Jason Lammers replied 2 years ago

put lower offs on sex haunt at 30m

replied 1 years ago

is that a request to put LO's at the 30m mark or a statement or a question ?

thkx

Jason Lammers replied 1 years ago

A request. Its a great route, but the last few metres is not worth the top out. As a 30 sports route it would be great

replied 1 years ago

ok. will look into it very soon. cheers

Thanks dude. You can lower off that top RB with a 60m on stretch. It think it must be about 32m. I reckon there a few more lines to bolt (in between the old school trad lines) on that big wall..

replied 1 years ago

some more lines = yeah i thought the same thing, then i saw the East Face rock avalanche and thought ummmm (but maybe.. once the 2 remaining rebolts on the to-do list r done)

ok, go out and climb it and let me know :)

(watch out : mtkeira road closue from 7th nov. to xmass, must use the picton rd or clive bisell to get in)

Cheers. If you want some new lines to bolt come out to the JunkYard cave in Campelltown. Lots of new rock for you :-)

replied 1 years ago

ok, when i get bored of MtK :)

David Nott replied 1 years ago

who'd have thought mount keira was the kind of quality rock that could be prone to an avalanche... Ok, amusement over. I read the report but I don't know the roads well - can you still get to the top?

replied 1 years ago

sandstone is not what it used to be ! :)

yes access will still be possible , from the north - via clive bissel drive or picton road

http://www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/council/news/Pages/WorksonMtKeiraRoad.aspx

replied 1 years ago

-> Jason : if you do come down this way in the near future. Please, cast your eye over 'The Training Route' (8m, sport, 25) "A route up a steeply overhung short wall on completely manufactured incut holds that appeared in the late 80's. Careful on the 2nd clip, ground fall might be possible." I'd like to know if those manufactured incuts do work ? CHEERS

replied 1 years ago

-> its ok Jason we found some people to tackle it - CHEERS :)

replied 1 years ago

-> and Sex Haunt is exactly 29.7m high from the very top LO's (with quickdraws attached).. so a 60m rope will work. The 1st pitch is about 20m off the deck.

Thanks mate. Thats awesome !!

David Nott replied 1 years ago

So the training route goes? i dont much like chipped holds, they're much smoother than normal rock but was gonna give it a burl at Xmas

replied 1 years ago

Yeah, go for it. One of the local guys is giving it a go, he's got to the send bolt (so far) - he says its "totally worth the effort"

replied 1 years ago

doh! - send = second

Already got an account? Login to add your comment

Showing all 18 messages

Sponsors