This is a public discussion for Climb 12.

Invite:

Showing all 7 messages

David Nott started this discussion 2 years ago

grade

As a fellow bum-dragger, the recent ascent comment interests me - 'V2 given the technical beta'. I've never considered beta as something that can change the grade of a boulder, only how quickly I can do it? The physical difficulty of the moves is surely the same.

Brendan Heywood replied 1 years ago

I constant give me bad 'beta' which makes it much harder :)

So you probably can't make a climb physically easier but you can surely make it more difficult!

David Nott replied 1 years ago

By the by, I'm fixing to check out toohey forest when I'm up there in nov but may be climbing during the week - how hard is the unleash the dancer boulder to find?

Pretty easy to find - other wise I have failed in writing up the guide ;)

I also live about 5 blocks from Toohey, give me a buzz if you want to head out, and if you want we've got a spare bed if you want to crash here.

Also can you please bring some cold weather with you, it was 32 deg inside my house yesterday, yuck!

We'll be staying in the Gold Coast but I'll make a day trip or two that way. I'll let you know when I expect to be around. No promises about cool weather! I'm sure the climbing will be nice and spoogy though.

looks like we were ships passing in the night brendo - did you get out for a sydney climb? some okay stuff in toohey forest, but i only ended up getting out for a day

I had a relatively short notice work trip to Melbourne for the week. Just got back and am ruined. Got a climb in the gym there but that's about it. And somewhere in the last blur of a week I was also in sydney buy that seems like forever ago, but didn't touch any rock there either

Already got an account? Login to add your comment

Showing all 7 messages

Sponsors