This is a public discussion in Lobster Cave .

Invite:

Showing all 8 messages

Brendan Heywood started this discussion 1 years ago

Access clarification

hi Jimmy,

Thanks for you updates, just wanted to clarify something:

"This area is on National Park land, therefore climbing is banned in this area."

Lots of climbing is in national parks are is perfectly ok. Is climbing in this particular NP banned?

replied 1 years ago

I wasn't sure. I have never been told it's banned just assumed since it is on National Park Ground. The locals there are under the assumption that we have a green light so as long as we respect the local public and environment it should be fine. I'll edit the access issues to clarify.

Brendan Heywood replied 1 years ago

Many national parks have management plans that specify whether climbing is in or out. It's good to proactive and talk to NP and be part of the process, otherwise if the question is raised and there isn't a voice they may ban it because it's less work for them.

replied 1 years ago

Hi Brendan,

Are we able to mve the Lobster Cave crag from Wagstaffe Boulders to the Bouddi National Park node. It may be a bit hard to find being a pure sport crag.

Regards,

Jimmy

Action > Restructure > Reparent - for future reference. I've moved it for you

replied 1 years ago

Thanks Brendan.

Hey are you able to add locations for each boulder under Wagstaffe? Whenever we make decisions about reparenting of areas we usually sort all the locations first to make it easier.

If you haven't located a node before Action > Update > Update geolocation, after that just click 'Edit location' at the top of the map

replied 1 years ago

To be honest I'm not 100% sure where they are. They are supposed to be a little further East from Lobster. I will talk to some of the locals and find out.

Already got an account? Login to add your comment

Showing all 8 messages

Sponsors