Discussion: Eagle Cleft started by Cameron Roy

• Public discussion Arapiles
  • Started: 1 years ago on Jan 29, 2013

This is a public discussion in Arapiles .

Invite:

Showing all 4 messages

Cameron Roy started this discussion 1 years ago

Eagle Cleft

There is currently an "Eagle Cleft" on "Bard Buttress" and another one on "Under Flinders Lane Wall" - I intend to merge these two routes, but the question is, where should the route sit? The Menz + Tempest guide 2nd edition has it as being part of tiger wall.

The thing is that the first pitches can be shared with routes on tiger wall, and the last pitch can finish up Bard.

Thoughts?

Also there is a listed variant. Any thoughts on which climb should be described as the variant? I'm thinking that Eagle Cleft (Eagle Cleft Direct) is the original line (chimney on 2nd pitch) and Eagle Cleft Variant is the easier route climbing the L wall on the 2nd pitch.

replied 1 years ago

I think it should be listed on the wall where it starts- Tiger Wall as per Menz + Tempest

Anthony Cuskelly replied 1 years ago

I'd go with Tiger Wall for where it goes, as that's where you need to go to find it.

I don't think it really matters which one you list as the variant so long as the descriptions are clear.

Kieran Loughran replied 1 years ago

You're right Cameron, it should be on Tiger Wall. As to the variant, I got a bit confused with the pitch numbers and had to look at the description. It's the write-up of the initial scramble as a pitch that bamboozled me. The variant is the ground out left. For full value you must do the original line for pitch 2.

Already got an account? Login to add your comment

Showing all 4 messages

Sponsors