Help

Discussion: Chairman Ed (17) missing?

• Started: 11 years ago on Fri 22nd Feb 2013

Public discussion This is a public discussion in Farside.

Morgan started this discussion 11 years ago.

Chairman Ed (17) missing?

Is Chairman Ed (17) missing or named something else?

Haven't got my Wanaka Rock guide book right now but will check tonight.

replied 11 years ago.

Please add it if it is missing. Thanks

Vanessa Wills replied 11 years ago.

Wanaka is a bit all over the place. Ive put in climbs as Ive done them and tried to reorder crags Ive been to , but dont have an up to date guide book and didnt want to just copy in stuff I havent done. Figured a kiwi local might do it one day...

Morgan replied 11 years ago.

It is indeed all over the place I'll have a chat to Greg Johnston (one of the local guide book editor) next time I seem him about adding basic route info (order, name, length, sport/trad, FA) and how they feel about that. It would be nice to have it tidied up. Also waiting to see what changes are coming for attribution/citations.

replied 11 years ago.

The main things we will be doing is making it much easier for the user to add links to publications and make the publications a lot more visible.

If you do talk to a publisher, we have got solutions which keeps their copyright on descriptions, photos and topos. We have got several publishers already doing this eg:

http://www.thecrag.com/climbing/australia/ebor-gorge

So publisher content on our site can have it's own copyright statement.

The main sticking point will be if they want their information freely available on the web or not.

John Pitcairn replied 8 years ago.

I'm doing a bit of Wanaka >> Crag >> Cliff >> Sector reparenting over the next couple of days.

Showing all 6 messages.

You are not part of this discussion.