This is a public discussion for Thumbs Out! (Project).

Invite:

Showing all 7 messages

Macciza a.k.a. Macca started this discussion 1 years ago

Steeling Unacceptable!

The ring-bolted steeling of this route , which was a known trad project, without any consultation is completely unacceptable! As is the the abusive renaming of the sub-area! The ir-responsible person has really lowered themselves and shown there true colours out of all this , , ,

replied 1 years ago

I don't know what is going on here, but I have removed the alternate names for 'Binary Cave' because they look a bit personal.

Macciza a.k.a. Macca replied 1 years ago

Thanks - Are you a theCrag moderator? I had reported this abuse and was awaiting official response . . .

replied 1 years ago

I am one of the cofounders. I saw you put something on Facebook, but I was not sure that this was what you referred to. Did you also send us something to support@thecrag.com. Campbell, the person who responds to our email, is a school teacher by day so he cannot do anything until night.

If you want to discuss it further then we should do so using the official site email.

Thanks - Yes I did something in and would definitely like to pursue the matter further as the persons behaviour is completely unacceptable . . .

replied 1 years ago

The area has been called Binary Cave for well over three years. It was never called "Thumb Cave" or whatever you keep calling it.There were routes with the name Thumb in the name - but the sector itself was never named, it was just a handful of routes at Sublime Point. After it became a popular sport area and the number of routes tripled a separate name (Binary Cave) was agreed upon by the 10 or so guys bolting down there - and years later is now well entrenched in the climbing community.

Care to attempt to explain the abusive, insultive additional names?

Already got an account? Login to add your comment

Showing all 7 messages

Sponsors