Help

Discussion: Troposphere Merge

• Started: 8 years ago on Sat 14th Nov 2015

Public discussion This is a public discussion in Celestial Wall.

Thomas Gissing started this discussion 8 years ago.

Troposphere Merge

As you may have seen discussed, we're going to merge the Troposphere pitches into a single route so that ticking this is simplified. If you have any objections shout out. Otherwise, will go ahead in the next couple days.

replied 8 years ago.

You may want to ask the FA too. Maybe he recorded this route already split?

replied 8 years ago.

I don't reckon Phil will mind, tbh. I'm in favour of the merge.

replied 8 years ago.

Our rule of thumb is that if the pitches can be easily mixed and matched with other routes / pitches, eg if there is a ledge halfway, then best keep them separate. But if they are generally all done together and are just a simple linear route then merge them into one route.

replied 8 years ago.

hmmm, then Troposphere is not a good example of splitted MP. As far as I know is the easy way up Halfway House but has to be climbed entirely. Unlike the North-east buttress, where most of the routes are accessed by climbing the first pitches of Sunburn or Blabber. That section indeed could do with some splitting..

replied 8 years ago.

But Cris, Troposphere has some variant pitches (C Section and Recision) that you can do instead.

replied 8 years ago.

Ok then

replied 8 years ago.

It has been pointed out to me that we have not yet fixed the issue of logging heights with partial ascents. Until this is fixed I want to hold off on any merging of routes separated this way.

Showing all 8 messages.

You are not part of this discussion.