Developing new climbing areas, maintaining existing ones and ensuring access to them requires funds and effort. Both are often provided by motivated individuals but more and more by local, regional or national organisations such as climbing and alpine clubs, cliff care groups, climber coalitions, bolting funds, working closely with land managers and government agencies.
theCrag recognises and supports the efforts of Advocacy Groups and works closely with them in order to spread their word, widen their reach and increase their funding base. Read how theCrag and its functionality can benefit your organisation and thus climbing in your area.
- Visibility of your logo at regional or crag level with link to your website or donation page.
- Direct coordinator permissions allowing important access information to be updated providing greater and timely reach to the climbers who need to see it (e.g. bird nesting season, temporary closures, permanent closures, safety issues).
- In case of access issues, content can be locked down with fine grained permissions from reduced location information all the way down to completely banned and hidden areas.
- Use of theCrag Warning System to inform climbers about important issues at your crags.
- Record route maintenance for increased safety and complete documentation of maintenance efforts.
- Option to use theCrag API for automatic updates of temporary closures or access information or use of embed options to display information on your web-site
This is optional but if you want to add and edit information, create and update warnings or close and re-open cliffs and routes we suggest doing so with an official account in the name of your advocacy group. Make sure the official account shows your organisation's logo and name and has a profile description with a summary of your organsiation and a link to your website.
Once you have created your account, please request permissions for the crag or region under your responsibility.
Fill in this form to register your organisation and we will contact you to work out details