Kahleberg Mostly Sport climbing40 routes in crag
Did you know?
Did you know that you can create an account to record, track and share your climbing ascents? Thousands of climbers are already doing this.
Get directions to here using Google Maps.
Situated in Potsdam, it offers various climbing techniques and feels very natural, because no artificial holds have been installed. The location at the edge of the forest gives a great experience.
Please report damages to email@example.com
Its homepage is http://www.r-sandmann.de/training/eidechse1710-klettern/kletteranlagen/kahleberg/ and you can find it on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kahleberg
Top view, route descriptions and information courtesy of the Kahleberg´s supervisor Robby Sandmann: http://www.r-sandmann.de
Zum Kahleberg (Sportplatz), Potsdam http://www.dav-potsdam.de
Zum Kahleberg (Sportplatz), Potsdam
Tel: Robby Sandmann
Please note some of the rules (shorted):
- "Natural features" as rock tunnels (Sanduhren: SU) may not be used for placing gear.
- Please use your own gear (2 biners or quickdraws) at the top for extended toproping to protect the installed anchors.
- Public, but ask if you wanna use it commercially. Groups of the DAV have priority to a reasonable extent.
- May not be used in the dark, under icy conditions or if there´s a thunderstorm.
- Climbing the Tower: Basic belaying and age 14+ or with an adult
- Boulder: age 10+
- 3m up you need a rope.
- Use all bolts.
- Don´t make changes to the surface.
- Due to various bad experience, dogs are not allowed anymore.
Out of Heinrich-Mann-Allee into "Zum Kahleberg". Follow it up to the forest, turn left and follow until you pass the public sporting ground that is adjacent to the tower. A bit east is a great playing ground with a giant swing. No real public parking in the vicinity, so it´s best to come by bike or tram (91 and 93 go regularly - station: Zum Kahleberg). Right before the sporting ground 10-12 cars can usually park.
As a tribute to the Elbsandsteingebirge, the Saxon rating system is applied. The route descriptions are also loosely based on those of real routes. The names have a historical background of persons and companies involved in the construction.
Built in 2007 as a monolith of reinforced concrete covered with shotcrete, some say it is the best one in eastern germany.
Check out what is happening in Kahleberg.