Gernerfels All Sport climbing5 routes in crag
First time here?theCrag.com is a free guide for rock climbing areas all over the world, collaboratively edited by keen rock climbers, boulderers and other nice folks.You can log all your routes, connect and chat with other climbers and much more...» go exploring, » learn more or » ask us a question
Get directions to here using Google Maps.
Small, but iconic crag with overhanging classics.
The three main routes here share the same characteristics: small holds and slabby in the beginning, then a powerful, steep overhang. The middle one, "Supernase", is well-known for Wolfgang Güllich †'s solo ascents in the 80s. The route is accompanied to the left with another classic Martin Grulich route, "Albatros", and to the right with a later addition by Stefan Löw, "Top Ten". A good warmup route is the vertical crack line of "Gaffer im Nacken".
This is as much in someone's personal space as it gets, so please be careful here! You can chat to the owners of the place since you're in their garden in front of the terrace. Stay away in the evenings and on Sundays.
GPS: 11.33591, 49.76817
Ethic inherited from Frankenjura Nord
- The limestone is soft - please clean your shoes from dirt in order to avoid polished handholds and steps.
- Don't toprope directly through bolt - use your own carabiner.
- Clean chalk and tickmarks with a brush.
- Don't leave toilet paper
- Pick up rubbish
- No noise
- No camp fire and bivvy
- Park considerately (tractor should be able to pass also at weekend)
- Smoking in the forests is forbidden from 1. march til 31. october by law.
- No publishing of boulder blocks
Check out what is happening in Gernerfels.