Martinswand Mostly Sport climbing25 routes in crag
Did you know?
Did you know that you can create an account to record, track and share your climbing ascents? Thousands of climbers are already doing this.
Get directions to here using Google Maps.
not many crags which offer some Grade 6+ climbs which stay dry if it starts raining. sometimes it seeps after long periods of rain though.
Access issues inherited from Frankenjura Nord
- Zone 1: NO climbing
- Zone 2: climbing on existing routes
- Zone 3: new route possible
Please respect signs and zoning list
Drive from the center of Gössweinstein west towards Morschreuth. just before you reach the Gas-station is a turn off right named "An der Martinswand", straight down this to the End. Park Here. Walk further down for a few meters and turn left onto a small path. follow this along leftwards without loosing too much height until you reach the crag. GPS: 11.32836, 49.76913
Ethic inherited from Frankenjura Nord
- The limestone is soft - please clean your shoes from dirt in order to avoid polished handholds and steps.
- Don't toprope directly through bolt - use your own carabiner.
- Clean chalk and tickmarks with a brush.
- Don't leave toilet paper
- Pick up rubbish
- No noise
- No camp fire and bivvy
- Park considerately (tractor should be able to pass also at weekend)
- Smoking in the forests is forbidden from 1. march til 31. october by law.
- No publishing of boulder blocks
Check out what is happening in Martinswand.