Magaliesberg Rock climbing926 routes in crag
This crag does not have approach information. Could you describe the approach to this crag?
If you can help provide a better quality resource for the climbing community then please click 'edit this crag' button near the top of the page.
Get directions to here using Google Maps.
Magaliesberg is a mountain range extending west and north from Pretoria to just south of Pilanesberg. Rock climbing in the Magaliesberg is mostly traditional climbing in deep kloofs or ravines in the northern slopes of the mountain. There are also crags on the southern escarpment. Due to the mild climate in the kloofs, the Magaliesberg offers excellent year-round climbing.
All of the Magaliesberg is owned by private individuals. Access in the mountain is therefore sensitive. The Mountain Club of South Africa (MCSA) owns property in the Magaliesberg and provides access permits. Access to other crags are provided by their owners. Most of the MCSA property is accessed by crossing over neighbouring properties so it is always important to know and follow the access arrangements when you visit the area.
For more information on routes, access, and permits please see the following websites:
- Mountain Club of South Africa: www.mcsa.org.za - Look at “Who we are” for the different sections of the MCSA
- MCSA Johannesburg Section: https://mcsajohannesburg.org/ - Click on “Access and Properties” for more information on properties.
- MCSA Magaliesberg Section: www.mcsamagalies.co.za - Go to "Venues" for more information on properties.
- ClimbZA Wiki: http://www.climbing.co.za/wiki/Northwest_Province Welcome to the largest & most comprehensive online database of Southern African climbing information.
- ClimbZA Forum: https//www.climbing.co.za/forum/ A south-african climbing forum where you can find climbing partners or more about different climbing areas and climbs.
Check out what is happening in Magaliesberg.