Site navigation

This is a public discussion in Mt Ninderry.

Showing all 16 messages.

Neil Jenman started this discussion 5 months ago.

Restructure

Hey guys. Given there are 120+ routes here now, what do you think about having sub areas for the different sectors? thecrag.com recommends splitting once it gets to 100. I'm sure that number is likely to grow and it will also mean we can show the sectors on the map.

I've done it with The Eastern Seaboard just so you can see what I mean. Happy to revert it back to being all on one page if people prefer that.

Kurt Doherty replied 5 months ago.

I went to start resequencing all the sectors so they read L-R like usual but stopped when I realised this could possibly be the preferred option by others. Personally, I don't mind the current structure given there's a table of contents for the areas, but also acknowledge it's a pretty big list.

I just wouldn't want to see it broken up into too many small sectors—e.g. I'd make everything from the Hangover Overhang routes through to the end of Nitro wall all the one area. EDIT: I just noticed it's already like that...so never mind haha

Neil Jenman replied 5 months ago.

I was thinking use the headings that are already there and create a few big sectors that we can add to map, e.g.

Octopuses Garden Enter the Ninja Sector Ocean vista wall (inc lower,etc) Caves area Sunset buttress

I think people (me included) would find it easier following a map (+ acces notes) rather than just text descriptions in an annotation.

L-R makes sense but we can have a separate discussion on that.

Also, feel free to make the maps more accurate ;-)

replied 5 months ago.

As someone who stumbled in there at Christmas last year on a trip to the homeland, without an idea of how to get around, simple geolocating of the walls on the map here, and perhaps a few more photos of the walls to get guidance on determining where things are would really be helpful.

I'd work on the maps but really don't know the area well. I did add a few topos from photos I took while I was there.

David Cook replied 5 months ago.

I agree that a restructure would certainly be more user-friendly!

Ok, I've added a few more sectors to the map, hopefully that's helpful to people trying to find the crags

Kurt Doherty replied 5 months ago.

Sounds good Neil. Looks good too

replied 5 months ago.

Looks good, that should help. Thanks.

@kenny replied 5 months ago.

The new Carter guide (due out later this month) will clear everything up... at least until new routes go up (and no kidding there’s tonnes there to do yet...)

replied 5 months ago.

Have started doing a few more topos - so I’ll take care of that. The new guide will drive more people to Ninderry, so we might as well have it easy to use on theCrag. Nice idea Neil.

@kenny replied 5 months ago.

Okay, these 5 routes are listed on the same formation "The Pinnacle" yet they're miles from each other - the 2 Indi Routes are way up the top left side of Ocean Vista Wall, The Big Boss is on its own, below Ocean Vista. Deadly When Aroused and Kachinderry are also on their own pinnacle, but way around the other side of the mount on the way to The Caves area...

Nice one Kenny. I was just going on the annotations.

I've updated these thanks Kenny. Hopefully it makes more sense now. Let me know if there are any others.

replied 5 months ago.

+1 Fantastic work

Can you also move the left over bouldering into new sub areas and locate them too please

I've added a new boulder for those problems and added it to the map.

Showing all 16 messages.

Selected sponsors