Site navigation

This is a public discussion in Mount Alexandra.

Showing all 10 messages.

Nathan Condon started this discussion 19 days ago.

New bolts

Interested in rebolting controlled hysteria 25 in the main cave. I don't have the ability to do so myself but very interested to learn and to help out with cost. Some old and rusty expansion bolts put me off what is a fantastic climb.

Matt Tranter replied 19 days ago.

They are only 25 years old! Real tricky to rebolt. I can lend you a drilll and shout helpful advice at you from the comfort of the ground .

Neil Monteith replied 19 days ago.

I'd suggest this isnt the route to learn to bolt on as its steep and complex (and a classic that would be a shame to be messed up). Matt, it should be sinple enough for you and Simon to do this woukdnt it? Just aid on the original expansions to place the new bolts, then come back a day later and remove the old bolts.

Nathan Condon replied 18 days ago.

I wasn't planning on bolting it myself as I have no knowledge of bolting. But would love to be apart of the process in anyway to learn!

Matt Tranter replied 18 days ago.

Yep its not that hard - just hard work.

replied 18 days ago.

It should help with the broken rib recovery

replied 18 days ago.

I'd be happy to run up the rope and bolt it... I might need help getting the rope up on a 25 though!

David Hillard replied 18 days ago.

Im happy to help in anyway I can. I've done the route a few times, can get up without taking any falls on the rust. I'll be psyched to see this route with a rebolt.

Nathan Condon replied 13 days ago.

Let me know when you plan to do it. I would love to watch and learn! Adam Rabjohns

replied 13 days ago.

I'm off to new York this Friday for 3 weeks. I'll aim for a few weeks after I get back. Try and remind me

Showing all 10 messages.

Selected sponsors