Site navigation

Discussion: Hi monkeys! I arrived one month ago to Canada and I'm living very close to Val-David. Which month is Started by Alonso Lara.

• Public discussion Elizabeth
  • Started: 7 weeks ago on Sun 4th Mar 2018

This is a public discussion in Elizabeth.

Showing all 4 messages.

Alonso Lara started this discussion 7 weeks ago.

Hi monkeys! I arrived one month ago to Canada and I'm living very close to Val-David. Which month is able for climbing there? Thanks

replied 7 weeks ago.

Depending on the year, on some really nice days people might get out in March, but mostly climbing would be expected to start in April, and even then, you'd be watching the weather carefully.

Alonso Lara replied 7 weeks ago.

Thanks David! I read that you've a lot guide books. Where may I get some guide book or read about the zones and how get there?

replied 7 weeks ago.

I don't know where near Val David would sell guide-books. In Montreal, I'd say either MEC (Mountain Equipment Coop) or La Cordee. A local bookshop in Val David might have the local guide books for, perhaps, Val David itself, and possibly Montagne d'Argent. And, possibly for the Adirondacks (northern New York state). Other than that, there aren't actually many published guide-books for climbing. Possibly some ice or bouldering guidebooks -- but those aren't what I do. Mostly you'd be looking for online resources (here on the thecrag), or PDFs, possibly from the FQME (Federation Quebecoise de la Montagne et Escalade, I think).

Showing all 4 messages.

Selected sponsors