Help

Discussion: Guide

• Started: 10 months ago on Sun 29th Sep 2019

Public discussion This is a public discussion in Lake Leslie.

JSBC started this discussion 10 months ago.

Guide

I noticed the guide for Lake Leslie is in Chinese and won’t let me log in being a Chinese account. Does anyone have the Leslie guide in English ?? Looking to get out there...

replied 10 months ago.

Looks like qurank is completely dead. All the info that was on qurank is mostly moved over to theCrag anyway

JSBC replied 10 months ago.

Yes I see that, but that’s incorrect- not all the information has moved onto the crag. There is no photos- there is no topo and their is no descriptions. Cheers

replied 10 months ago.

The chinese page is random, I would not put your password anywhere near it.

An archive of the guide is here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170429084913/http://www.qurank.com/guides/Guide_LakeLeslie.pdf

That can't be relied on, it's better to just move the remainder over properly

JSBC replied 10 months ago.

Thanks Brendan!! Looks like a futuristic spot for QLD boulders.

Tim Nicholson replied 8 weeks ago.

I'm heading out that way next week guys. I'll photograph as many boulders as I can and load them up, and we can start working out which problems go where. I remember a few from ages ago

JSBC replied 8 weeks ago.

Bloody hell we appreciate that a lot mate. Would love to head out there soon

Pleasure mate. Dam levels look way low, so all those tasty boulders in the dam field should be good to go.

JSBC replied 8 weeks ago.

Dam (literally) might have to head out there very soon then

For sure, do it. I'll be around the Stanthorpe area from mid week through the weekend, let me know if you're about. From memory, there's not a vast amount of really good stuff at Leslie, but a lot of fun things and three or four quality harder lines

Tim Nicholson replied 7 weeks ago.

I only had time to cover the Dam sector this trip, but I've added photo topos for everything, and tried to match things up with the original guide. I've added a couple of things in from personal memory as well. I was a bit hazy on the line for a couple of the unclimbed projects, so someone might wanna sense check those.

Tim Nicholson replied 7 weeks ago.

Also worth noting that there were an absolute fuckload of little paralysis ticks in the grass out in the dam field. If you go out there, I'd recommend walking in along the beach, put your stuff on a rock at least 1m above ground level, and check yourself regularly. Hopefully some cold weather will knock them off.

Showing all 12 messages.

You are not part of this discussion.