Help

Discussion: 10 Pullups A Day Challenge

• Started: 10 weeks ago on Wed 18th Mar 2020

Public discussion This is a public discussion in World.

started this discussion 10 weeks ago.

10 Pullups A Day Challenge

Since we shouldn't go climbing anymore I started a #10pullupsaday challenge until Easter among friends to stay fit. Everyone is welcome to join us. Currently everybody may track his/her progress in the online excel sheet I prepared.

Stay fit and healthy!

#covid-19

replied 10 weeks ago.

Btw. if someone knows a better way to track the progress of participants, let me know.

Andreas Aachen replied 10 weeks ago.

This comment has been removed.

replied 10 weeks ago.

I am in. I don't know if I can do 10 in a row though. I don't have write access.

replied 10 weeks ago.

10 a day, not in the row at least. For some reason Microsoft does not provide write access via the mobile version of the website. It should work with the mobile excel app and on desktops.

Tom replied 10 weeks ago.

Lets see how long I stay tuned

replied 10 weeks ago.

Welcome Simon Dale, Tom, Nicky and Jakob. Hit the bar!

Daniele Carzaniga replied 10 weeks ago.

Hi, I joined the challenge

Dave C replied 10 weeks ago.

Sounds fun. Can you make a route on here called "10 pull ups" in a crag called "Coronavirus block" or "Covid Crag? Or would it skew the CPR What grade could it be?

replied 10 weeks ago.

Dave C actually I already discussed that with Ulfi and the team. Stay tuned for an update on that and maybe we can do more than just having fun...

Daniele Carzaniga welcome!

Dave C replied 10 weeks ago.

Great. Would be simple to log as well as easy to view and share.

replied 10 weeks ago.

can be done/extended as "Pull up on the minute" from Lattice Crimped : 5Rep 5Set @1min rest between sets !

replied 10 weeks ago.

Wow Marc dM (25) and Daniele Carzaniga (55) great start so far.

replied 10 weeks ago.

Hey everybody. We setup a gym for tracking the challenge and a contest. Feel free to swap.

If you are going to drop the excel sheet, please delete your column.

So hit the bar!

Daniele Carzaniga replied 9 weeks ago.

I don't understand how points in the average leaderboard are calculated...

replied 9 weeks ago.

Nicky please explain.

It seems the more you train, the more you are low in the leaderboard

replied 9 weeks ago.

Daniele Carzaniga in the example we have 53 ascents (single exercises) made by 16 participants. That gives an average of 3.3 ascents per climber. The climbers with the total own ascents closest to that mean are ranked at top.

That way anybody can win, not just the strongest or the climber investing most of the time. So my hint for you as not many climbers do so much "ascents" like you you should do less "ascents" but harder ones.

ok clear, a bit strange but I appreciate that everyone can win. In order to stay fit i don't think it works, but for the challenge it's ok... The problem is that only the most difficult ascents will be registered and not all of them.

replied 9 weeks ago.

We added an additional prize:

The three participants with the most climbing meters (Effort Leaderboard) receive a personal cover image on their profile page. Personal webcovers are handmade by us with love - for your achievements.

viceionic replied 9 weeks ago.

I think this challenge is interesting, something productive!

Argon Poorun replied 9 weeks ago.

Thanks all, super helpful in these troubled times!

replied 6 weeks ago.

Happy Easter everybody and congrats to Hook for the most pullups a day. With an average of 38 pullups a day he crushed the challenge.

replied 6 weeks ago.

Thanks, I have added last three days so I have got to an average of 43, but my goal is one arm pullup and I still can't do one, so I cannot stop now

Krishna replied 6 weeks ago.

Bummer that would of been fun!

replied 6 weeks ago.

No one needs to stop now. I leave the sheet shared :wink feel free to add rows. I already took a rest day yesterday. It is hard to exercise pullups every day, isn't it?

replied 6 weeks ago.

Yeah it is, I am trying to not overload my body, so that it has time to adapt and regenerate without rest days. But for that one arm it will be probably better to increase intensity and add no pullup days, so I will try that.

Are you registering one arm efforts?

Was thinking front levers would be cool too. Also offset hangs/ uneven hangs or unevenpull-ups

replied 6 weeks ago.

No, I am not registering it. Front lever is awesome, but now I can hold it only for 1s maybe 2s on a good day I am trying uneven pullups just to feel how far the one arm pullup is.

Nice

replied 6 weeks ago.

Hey guys, any tips for a good, quick and effective warm-up before doing pull-ups?

Tobias Auth replied 6 weeks ago.

Move/ circle joints: Fingers, wrist, shoulders. Plank, sideplank, easy-bridge. Jumping jacks. Dead hangs/ Scapular raises. Dip support hold. Pick and mix as it feels good.

Skipping lol

Showing all 34 messages.

You are not part of this discussion.