Help

Discussion: 3rd bolt missing

• Started: 26 days ago on Wed 21st Apr 2021

Public discussion This is a public discussion for 25 Wet Jigsaw Puzzle.

Jack Kilsby logged a warning 26 days ago. Resolved

Fixed Gear 3rd bolt missing

The nut of the 3rd bolt has completely come off removing the 3rd perma draw. This will need a new nut and fix. Have not been up to investigate the bolt itself, however looks intact from the ground.

Resolved Mon May 3 2021

All fixed for now, thanks Josh and all involved. May need a longer term solution soon, however all nuts have been tightened.

JSBC replied 26 days ago.

I’ll bring loctite with me on the weekend if someone else doesn’t beat me to it.

Jack Kilsby replied 26 days ago.

Yeah sweet, just left the perma which has the plate attached on the first bolt, but the nut is missing so you'll have to bring one if you have... Not sure what size it is? Rob Saunders Do you know?

JSBC replied 26 days ago.

Ahh shit. Might need to be turned into Glue In’s for longevity - as the start is a traverse meaning vibrations often on Expansion bolts coupled with hangers- which unscrew nuts easily. Glue ins would a better long term

replied 26 days ago.

There's a spanner in my rope bag in the small cave if you can find the nut. We loctite'd them a few years ago but that hasn't lasted.

Maybe we need to peen the threads, this route has been chronic for loosening nuts for some time.

replied 26 days ago.

Should be M12?

Jack Kilsby replied 14 days ago.

All fixed for now, thanks Josh and all involved. May need a longer term solution soon, however all nuts have been tightened.

Resolved Jack Kilsby - Mon May 3 2021

Showing all 7 messages.

You are not part of this discussion.