帮助

Discussion: Kaputar crag carer

• 开始时间: 8年前前,星期二 22nd 3月 2016

公开讨论 这是Kaputar的公开讨论。

James Skewes在8年前started了这个讨论

Kaputar crag carer

Hi all, I'm just wondering if there is a crag carer or association group for the Mt Kaputar area, and how I can get in contact with them

在8年前回复了

Richard Curtis ... do you know, mate?

James vilimaa在8年前回复了

Who ever bolted out at Lindsay has done an awesome job. That's gonna be my local from now on.

Richard Curtis在8年前回复了

None as far as I know Paul Frothy Thomson. There was a deal of talk re irresponsible bolting on one of the 'chockstone' forums a while back. There are so few regular climbing visitors and most of them live some distance away, so I don't see a crag carer or group forming any time soon. I seem to remember that the bolt placements at Lindsay were criticised, but I've not seen them myself.

Heath Black在8年前回复了

I think the bolts looked safe, but the problem was that many were retrobolts.

Richard Curtis在8年前回复了

I think you can guess my position on retrobolts Heath Black. I think we should lynch the bastards.

在8年前回复了

Robin Barley has put up a lot of new routes, including at Lindsay but he is not responsible for the ugly retro bolting and dumbing down of the older routes at Lindsay. These were always easy to toprope if you felt the pro too sketchy, which it sometimes was eg Pork Orgy. Now it is just another boring sports climb. Unfortunately last year was a write off and I didn't get back there.

在8年前回复了

Yeah, a lot of stuff at Linsday was retro'd, much to our shared disgust. I havent seen the new stuff yet.

I might be able to do a trip up there, James, if you dont mind following me up Aslan at some point? =)

James vilimaa在7年前回复了

Paul Thompson, im keen as to follow no worries! let me know when you r up for it.

在7年前回复了

Not exactly Aslan season in summer. Maybe a dawn mission would work.

James vilimaa在7年前回复了

Ive only moved to the area in the last couple months, so i haven't made it out there yet, does it bake in the sun? i'm up for an early session.

Adrian Kladnig在7年前回复了

You can find areas in the shade on many of the crags assuming you climb trad. Lindsay Rock Tops has a section of cliff that faces South so you'll also get shade there as well if you only sports climb. I haven't climbed much at Euglah Rock but it seems quite popular and you'll be able to find climbs in the shade there as well. The rock is quite friable so be prepared to break holds - helmets are advised.

在7年前回复了

As above, but Asian bakes most of the day, though corner comes into shade late afternoon.

James vilimaa在7年前回复了

rad, yeh i climb trad. good advice guys, thanks for that. if anyone is up for a weekend of craggin up there let me know. im going stir crazy doing laps on my woody.

James vilimaa在7年前回复了

also, just wondering if anyone has a guide book. or gps coordinates to the the kaputar powerlines crag location? apparently its easier to get to than all the way up to than the higher crags.

Richard Curtis在7年前回复了

Many years since I climbed on the Powerlines crag, but my (very hazy) memory of the approach is that you park where the power lines cross the road and head down trending left. It only takes a few minutes. You might be able to spot it using google earth.

James Skewes在7年前回复了

Hi James vilimaa, I have the little guide book, I'm keen to go do some climbs maybe next week or in January sometime if you want to join up

James vilimaa在7年前回复了

Hey mate, yeah I could go early next week on Monday if you are keen or this weekend. Keen as even if it's warm.

James vilimaa在7年前回复了

Weather forecast is less than average.

Bec Cowell在6年前回复了

James vilimaa, you may have already been there but just in case you haven't I updated The Powerlines area to add the approach info. I popped in there yesterday on the way home to scope it out.

James vilimaa在6年前回复了

Thanks heaps Bec!

Showing all 21 messages.

你没有参与本次讨论。