Help

Discussion: "Classics"

• Started: 3 years ago on Sun 6th Sep 2020

Public discussion This is a public discussion in Classiques.

Danny van Bruggen started this discussion 3 years ago.

"Classics"

Ulfi (or anyone) - some advice on how to organize this crag please. The paper guidebook has a separate section with the "classics" from all the sub-area's. This gives the opportunity to show them on a nice, clean picture. However, the classic routes are physically located in various sub-area's. I would like to put them in their correct area, but would also like to make a nice overview topo only for the classic routes. I don't think there is a way to get both?

replied 3 years ago.

Hi Danny van Bruggen, thanks for asking. I think the best way currently would be to assign 3 stars to the routes. That way they are very likely to show up as a Classic Route for the respective crag and you can also filter for them more easily. You think that is ok for? Another option would be to add a hashtag in the description, then teh search / filtering would be even less dependent on other 3 star routes.

Thanks for contributing!

Danny van Bruggen replied 3 years ago.

That would solve only half the problem: the other is that I would like to make a topo containing only the classics, which are in different areas. I think I'm asking for the impossible here?

Dave OS replied 3 years ago.

You can create a topo at a higher level, eg area, and add only the routes you want to it. I’d suggest naming the topo ‘area name classic routes’ or similar so people don’t add more routes to it.

Danny van Bruggen replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, I didn't know that was a possibility.

replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for jumping in Dave OS - yes that works too. Thopught it was more about listing them

Showing all 6 messages.

You are not part of this discussion.