Photos
Help

Discussion: Help

• Started: 10 years ago on Thu 20th Mar 2014

Public discussion This is a public discussion in Santee Boulder Field.

Dylan Edwards started this discussion 10 years ago.

Help

Hi Guys,

I'm just inquiring as to the quality of bouldering in this area? and what are the classic crags/routes etc? I boulder V3-6ish and am very keen to send a few lines before i leave. I fly into LAX June 1st 2014, then catch the surf liner down to stay with friends at San Deigo State College, i then have a week or so in the area, i will only have a chalk bag, harness, shoes and a belay device but i was hoping someone could show me around? (or even use me to belay them?) or lend a pad? if not how would i go about getting public transport to any of these areas? etc hit me up!

Dylan

replied 10 years ago.

Santee boulder field -- you don't really need someone to show you around. The field is obvious from the road, and from the parking in the city park across the street. Easy to walk around and find stuff -- that is what I did when there. There is easily a solid few days of bouldering there. I'm not, myself, from the area, so won't be around to hook up and climb, though. But June, you'll probably want to avoid the mid-day sun. -David

Showing all 2 messages.

You are not part of this discussion.