Help

Discussion: New sector

• Started: 22 days ago on Sun 7th Apr 2024

Public discussion This is a public discussion in Zaloggo.

Edka started this discussion 22 days ago.

New sector

Today 7th April 2024 I found a new sector called Ekklisaki. The routes names are beautifully marked with little stones. The first route is called Bombastic. I cannot find any beta about the grades in this sector. Hope the author can share some beta! It really looks great! Thank you!

jim bean replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your kind words I've bolted those routes (with exception of 2 of them that my friends bolted) and also bolted a new nearby still unpublished sector (and some other new sectors near koloneta). For the expenses we all chipped in and also got some help from the alpine club of preveza, but keep in mind that we spend more or less some 2000 euros. As i was bolting the nearby sector which is very overhanging i hurt my back from the heavy lifting etc and couldn't train or climb hard for almost a month.

Why im writing all this stuff is to explain to everyone that bolting new routes is expensive and (literally) back breaking and while i always thought that information should run free and posted everything i bolted at thecrag nowadays im kinda disappointed by the site.

Dont get me wrong i get it that if you want your routes to have traffic you should put them at thecrag but i would expect from the the site ops to treat bolters a bit differently and dont ask them for donations. You know my donations are my routes that fill your site with info and most of the times you are the first to get them.

Anyhow more of food for thought kind of comment and not in any way refering to your comment, thanx again for your kind words i put the info of eklisaki i hope you enjoy it sorry for the long post

Dimitri

Edka replied 14 days ago.

Bolting is a tough job and I agree about everything you have said. And always a pleasure to find new sectors with such a marvelous way to present the names of the routes. I also feel you may have something to do with the crag called Karteri, which we also enjoyed. Regards. Edka

jim bean replied 14 days ago.

Yes iv bolted a few sectors here in ipeiros the little stones with the drawing and nanes is my trademark 😛 im glad you enjoyed thanx again for your kind words.

Showing all 4 messages.

You are not part of this discussion.

Participants
Edka
jim bean