Help

Discussion: Congrats! 🙌

• Public discussion for ascent
  • Started: 6 weeks ago on Wed 3rd Apr 2024

David Jefferson logged an ascent 6 weeks ago.

Bogus Machismo ()

A dream come true! Started the day with zero expectations after feeling a bit of elbow tendinitis flare up, almost didn’t have a final burn as I needed to rush home to the family, then all of a sudden I was clipping the chains! Shifting to the left knee bar at the second rest was a game changer as I could actually recover properly before the back to back cruxes at the end. Beyond stoked to have completed this milestone in my NZ climbing career!

Ryan Siacci started this discussion 6 weeks ago.

Congrats! 🙌

replied 6 weeks ago.

Yeeeeeeeeww! 🤙

David Jefferson replied 6 weeks ago.

Cheers gents! Looking forward to roping up together again.

replied 6 weeks ago.

Oh yeah! I had confidence you would get it pretty quickly

I appreciate the confidence! It took me 22 goes, so close to my longest project to date. Could work a lot harder though!

replied 6 weeks ago.

Seems about right I would have predicted 16 goes, 95% range [9,24] assuming that 25 is your 50% flash grade.

Sounds like your model is well calibrated! Wonder how hard I could send if I gave something 100 goes 🤔?

replied 6 weeks ago.

Sadly it ramps up (unless you get better as a climber). Assuming you are currently at 50% flash on 25, then grade 31 would take 49-80 tries and grade 32 would take 106-151 tries.

Time for a season long siege of Space Boy I reckon!

replied 6 weeks ago.

Why not! You might surprise yourself. You have a feel for cave-style climbing now

Showing all 10 messages.

You are not part of this discussion.